Saturday, May 17, 2008

Weekly Ticker Update



Well, there it is. Down another pound this week. It would have been two, but we've been eating out about one meal per day while the 'rents have been in town for Uber-Hubby's graduation. All in all, that isn't too bad. I think I've made some pretty decent food choices, all things considered.




U-H and I are taking turns going on rides while his daughter is in town. Unfortunately, she has no interest in learning to ride a bike, so we aren't able to take her with us. I have just under 96 miles to go to hit my goal of 1000 before leaving for the big trip next Friday, which is a bit less than 24 miles per day if I ride at least 4 out of 5 days between now and then.

In other news...
Graduation went fine, all things considered. U-H's mom and her husband flew into town that morning, went to the ceremony, then went to spend the rest of the weekend with friends. Dashing in on the morning of is pretty much their m.o. They did the same thing at our wedding.
U-H's dad and his wife, on the other hand, have been here since Tuesday and will be around for a week. We've spent time with them every day, so they've gotten quality time with their granddaughter in addition to showing support for their son's success. Tonight was grill food and Trivial Pursuit 90's Edition. Let's NOT talk about how I totally got robbed, and U-H will no doubt rub my face in it for months to come. This is him and his father at graduation:

Guess I know what I'm getting in about 30 years. Luckily Dad's a good guy. :-)

Travel update...Picked out the hotels for both before and after the bike tour. We'll have an extra day or two in both Vienna & Prague. We leave on Friday afternoon. I can't believe it's almost here! I'm sure I'll procrastinate on packing, as usual. Oh well.

Until then...Get off the couch and
Pedal Your Fat Ass Off

No comments: