Sunday, May 25, 2008

Hello from Vienna, Austria

This post was edited to include photos on 6-13-08. CLICK HERE to see the entire set from Vienna.

Uber-Hubby & I made it here safe & sound, though not without a bit of airport drama. Some guy "couldn't board the plane" in Minneapolis, so we actually had to pull back into the gate so they could pull his stupid bag off the plane, which made us at least an hour late getting into Amsterdam. We barely made it to our connection for Vienna, so of course our luggage didn't get there with us. It was delivered to our hotel the next morning however, so it wasn't all bad. I have to say that I've never been soooo happy to see my toothbrush & clean underwear...ever.

Jet lag really wasn't an issue, since we had an overnight flight & set our watches on the new time zone (7 hours ahead of Mpls) as soon as the plane took off. I was lucky to be able to sleep quite a bit on the plane, so I feel fine. U-H arranged for us to have rental bikes for our short stay in Vienna, so we spent today riding around the city & having a great time enjoying the sights and nice weather.

These are the bikes we used in Vienna, then the lovely central pathway at St Mark's Cemetery, where Mozart is buried. Below that, there's a photo of Tom & me in Vienna, then one of me enjoying a Kasekreiner (best snack ever), and finally one of me conquering a rope course near the Danube River:


The REAL trip starts tomorrow morning, when we meet up with the rest of our group & take a shuttle van just over the border into the Czech Republic to the first stop on our trip to Prague. Internet access may be spotty for the next 2 weeks, but I'll try.

FYI...German keyboards are weird. They use the Z more often than the Y, so the 2 keys are switched. I've been typing it wrong just about every time.

Anyway...Until next time, get off the couch and
Pedal Your Fat Ass Off

No comments: