Thursday, May 15, 2008

Eyes bigger than your stomach?

If so, there's a reason. CLICK HERE to read an interesting article about how portion sizes have changed over the last 20 years. The standard slice of pizza is bigger than it used to be, the tub that your movie popcorn comes in has gotten bigger, etc. Something else I found interesting is how the dinner plate itself has gotten larger over time, going from 10 to 12 inches.

It's common sense, really. Use a bigger bowl and you're going to probably eat a bigger portion of ice cream. Your mind thinks you have to fill up whatever dish you're using. After reading this article, it occurs to me that since I've been on the SSHE program, I've been using my small little salad plates MUCH more frequently than my dinner plates. Coincidence? I think not.

Good news on that front, by the way. We've had family in town for Uber-Hubby's graduation this Friday, which means we've had dinner out the last two nights. I'm holding strong, however. On Tuesday night I had a dinner salad (about the best you can do at that restaurant), and last night I ate my SSHE dinner before we went, then just had some veggies & dip when we got there. Once the Aunt Flo water retention is gone, I might actually be down as much as 2 pounds this week. This CAN be done, people. All you have to do eat less & move more, so get off the couch and

Pedal Your Fat Ass Off

No comments: