Sunday, August 17, 2008

Walking after midnight?

Well, no. More like walking after 6pm, and this time it was 8 miles. With the move to Mankato and all the great cycling that's been going on lately, I've been neglecting my training plan for the upcoming MS Challenge Walk. I made the mistake last year of thinking somehow that all my cycling would keep me in good enough shape to walk 50 miles in 3 days, but I found out the hard way that it just wasn't true. My knees were very stiff and my feet were really sore after just a few miles, so finishing in one piece was a real accomplishment. Though I had been getting plenty of exercise, I hadn't been doing much that was weight bearing, so my feet were baby's butt soft and tender. I'm in danger of repeating history this summer, hence this evening's jaunt about town. I'll try and get out a couple of times per week until the walk happens in mid-September, and that will hopefully be enough.

The good news is that I've reached the minimum fundraising requirement for the MS Challenge Walk, so now I can focus on what Uber-Hubby and I need to raise for each of us to participate in next spring's MS 150 Bike Ride. Together with some friends from Minneapolis Bike Love, we'll be riding 150 miles in 2 days to raise more money to fight Multiple Sclerosis.

IF YOU'D LIKE TO MAKE A DONATION, please click here to visit my page or click here to visit U-H's page. Contributions are tax deductible and your privacy will be protected.

In the meantime, why not get off the couch and
Pedal Your Fat Ass Off

No comments: