Sunday, August 31, 2008

Ticker Update

Well, there isn't much to say because the damn scale hasn't changed hardly at all recently. Despite all the bike mileage recently, I've been up and down the same stupid pound all week long, and I'm a little irritated. In fact, I was supposed to do the weekly update yesterday, but I was too bummed out by being up an entire pound from the previous day or two, and I was seriously hoping that it was because I had eaten dinner so late Friday night. Turns out I was at least partially right, because that pound is now gone again. At any rate, I'm now back at 179, right where I was for most of August, but at least into the next "decade". I'm sure part of the issue is not watching closely enough how I supplement the SSHE plan, deluding myself into thinking I'm only going up to 1500 calories/day, when in reality there are some days where it's a lot more than that. Sigh...Back to using FitDay.com to track calories in/out.

Oh well. At least there's progress on the bike mileage front:




A week or two ago it occurred to me that when I was tracking this by how many miles I needed per week, I wasn't considering the number of days I would be out of town between now and then, most notably our trip to Seattle next week for the Perio convention. With that and the MS Challenge Walk the following weekend, I've only got 20 days available for cycling between now and the end of September. With the progress I made this past week, right now I need 29.4 miles per day to make the goal of 3500 miles by Sep 30th. If I'm able to rent a bike and get some extra miles while in Seattle, that number could fall dramatically. Stay tuned.

In the meantime, why don't you get off the couch and
Pedal Your Fat Ass Off

No comments: