Monday, July 14, 2008

Update on the Savings Game

Remember a couple of weeks ago when I said Uber-Hubby & I were going to keep track of how much money we saved on regular purchases? Well, so far it's just shy of $50, and we're only halfway through the month! Granted, the first few entries were for the tail end of June, but still...That's way more than I thought it would be.

What I know so far: The vast majority of entries come from the grocery store. You need to carry a pen & paper with you to track what you're saving as you complete your shopping list, because anything on the list that turns out to be on sale or has an in-store coupon gets to count, and that number doesn't necessarily match the "you saved this much" thingy on your receipt (and besides, my store doesn't have that anyway). The other place I'm counting alot is when I buy gas at Sam's Club, because it's consistently at least 5 cents/gallon cheaper than everywhere else in town.

Anyway...Time to go run errands & get to the gym. It's unfortunately WAY too windy to ride all the way to Faribault to do my food pickup. While I'm doing that, why don't you get off the couch and
Pedal Your Fat Ass Off?

No comments: