Thursday, July 10, 2008

Rocky...Uber Pooch YES, but also a total FAKER

My dog is a milker. The little mama's boy totally had the fakeroo going with the injured paw thing, and now he's been completely caught red-handed (or red-pawed, as the case may be). True, he did cut himself walking in some unclean area of downtown Minneapolis, but a couple of days after we got back, he was still limping around with the injured paw in the air and getting lots of sympathy from yours truly. BUT THEN, one day this week I was in the bathroom with the door most of the way shut, so he apparently didn't know I was around. Uber-Hubby witnessed him walking almost completely normally, with just a bit of a limp. He starts playing with the dog and said "Rocky, where's Mommy?" Rocky starts looking around, I open the bathroom door, and THEN he held up his paw and resumed looking pitiful. Doggie drama in the house of Hoover.

Excellent news on the PYFAO front....I'm down 12 pounds since starting SSHE 3 months ago, and that includes a 2 week European vacation. Who knows what I will be when the official Saturday weigh in rolls around, because I just got back from another huge, 80+ mile ride to and from Faribault, MN to pick up my SSHE meals for the rest of this week. I may be doing the water retention thing by tomorrow night, but the good news is that it will all get peed out by Monday, so no biggie.

FYI...Beer is an excellent way to replace salt, potassium, and other essential nutrients. To quote Ben Franklin, "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

Until next time, get off the couch and
Pedal Your Fat Ass Off

No comments: