Sunday, October 5, 2008

New Prague Half Marathon, here I come!

Yeah, I know it's months away (May 2009), but I'm still excited. I've been keeping true to my training plan for almost 2 weeks now, and it feels good. I designed it with more flexibility than I've given myself in the past, so it was okay that my first "long" run got moved from yesterday to today since I was up in the Twin Cities longer than I thought I would be. Today's run wasn't really that long in the grand scheme of things, but it was the first time I've done 5 miles in way longer than I care to remember, and I was just happy that my knees seem to be holding up so far. That's another reason I'm spreading this training out over a longer period than I've done in the past...I'm scared my knees are going to finally crap out on me if I push too hard too fast, so I've actually got several weeks here in the beginning where my Saturday long run is only 5 miles. If this one goes well, I'll probably do the Battleship North Carolina Half Marathon in November 2009. I could stay with family that I don't get to see very often, which would be a definite plus in the financial responsibility department...Not a good idea right now to try and do a bunch of destination races where I'll end up wasting hundreds on a hotel.

Biggest Loser League is going well also. I joined a team called The Chubby Network whose motto is "Infancy is the last time in your life where chubby is cute!" They are a good group, and we've started a 10 week 500 mile challenge modeled after that other weight loss show last year where the people walked 500 miles in 10 weeks while being filmed for TV. Can't remember the name of it because I watched Biggest Loser instead, but this challenge is a good way to keep me moving during the coming cold weather. We officially start tomorrow.

What are YOU doing to get off the couch and
Pedal Your Fat Ass Off

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

You have me inspired to lace up my sneakers. Will you share your plan with me?

A~