Thursday, January 22, 2009

Why I like my 2nd graders


ParaWeek001
Originally uploaded by GnomeCrossing
I'm a part time Title 1 Paraprofessional at Washington Elementary School in Mankato, MN. I work with Kindergarteners and 2nd graders who need extra help in reading and math. This week is Paraprofessional Appreciation Week, and some of the kids have been busy making thank you notes for the Paras that come into their classrooms.

This is just one of the notes I received today. Jessica has maybe said one word out loud to me all year long. She will point to the right answer or write it down, but pretty much never says anything in words. That makes this particular note all the more special to me. I'm the one with the orange hair, by the way.

Click to my Flickr to see the others. Moments like this are why people stay in teaching despite the crappy pay.

No comments: